|The Respiratory System|
THINGS I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THE
1. Know the major regions of the human respiratory system.
2. Know which structures of the human respiratory system are a part of the upper respiratory system and which are a part of the lower respiratory system.
3. Known the names and locations of structures and spaces associated with the human nasal cavities and pharynx.
4. Know the components of the human larynx.
5. Know the components and layers of the tracheal wall.
6. Know the sequence of branches in the lower respiratory system.
7. Know the microscopic anatomy and cell types of the alveoli
8. Know which muscles are employed for the repiratory actions of normal and labored breathing in humans.
9. Know the tissues of origin and the developmental process for the lower respiratory system.
10. Know the variety of uses of air bladders in fish.
11. Know how the air bladder can function as a lung.
12. Know the meanings of the terms physostomous and physoclistous as it is applied to air bladders.
13. Know the function of the red gland in the fish air bladder.
14. Know how the lungs of the different types of vertebrates differ internally.
15. Know how the different types of vertebrates ventilate their lungs.
16. Know the basic sturcture of the shark gills.
17. Know how the holocephalan and teleost gill differs from the shark gill.
18. Know the types and examples of external gills in vertebrates.
STUDY TOPICS IN SEQUENCE